InnoDB is ACID complaint storage engine for MySQL that has Oracle like commit , rollback and crash recovery to secure data. To quickly start with the InnoDB configuration and setup Packt Publishing has come up with the Instant InnoDB reference book which helps to quickly get on track with the setup.
Wednesday 13 February 2013
When Preconfiguring Oracle Unified Directory (OUD) for OIM and OAM 11gR2 Integration the first step say to add OUD Containers using ldapadd command.
ldapadd -h testserver
But ldapadd command is not available in OUD 11gR2 , so the same can be loaded using ldapmodify using a special flag. (--defaultAdd)
ldapadd command is available in OID not in OUD. So this is a documentation bug.
Monday 4 February 2013
Well my Oracle Cloud trial versions are active now and I have something to play around for a month.
The activation took a long time for me and there are lot of people out there who already had their hands on.
So what are the tools that are basically used on the Oracle Cloud offering
- Oracle Database
- version provided is 11g release 2 enterprise edition
- managed and secured on exadata
- data access and manupulation with sql and plsql standards
- apex - my favorite
- data movement using sql developer
- it has a lot of productive applications
- it is mobile enabled
- Oracle Java
- it is all java out there
- enterprise manager for managing
- it runs on exalogic
- its associated database runs on exadata
- it runs on weblogic
- it uses identity managment for user/group management
- it uses access manager for single signon
Good to here from Oracle and I am going to explore it in the next up coming days.